- Neuroanatomy: This is the study of the structure of the brain. It includes the study of the different parts of the brain, their functions, and how they are connected.
- Neurophysiology: This is the study of the electrical activity of the brain. It includes the study of how neurons communicate with each other, how the brain generates thoughts and emotions, and how the brain controls movement.
- Neurochemistry: This is the study of the chemicals that are involved in brain function. It includes the study of neurotransmitters, which are the chemicals that neurons use to communicate with each other, and how these chemicals affect brain function.
- Neuropsychology: This is the study of the relationship between brain function and behavior. It includes the study of how brain damage can affect behavior, and how different types of behavior are associated with different areas of the brain.
- Neuroimaging: This is the use of technology to image the brain. It includes the use of techniques like EEG, fMRI, and PET to see the structure and activity of the brain.
These are just a few of the many topics that you could study if you want to learn more about the brain. There are many resources available to help you get started, including books, articles, and online courses.
Here are some specific resources that you might find helpful:
- The Brain: A User’s Guide by David Eagleman
- Neuroscience: Exploring the Brain by John Bear
- Introduction to Neuropsychology by David Myers and Nancy Makeig
- Neuroimaging: An Introduction by Chris Frith and Richard I.J. Morris
- The Brain Book by Sandra Aamodt and Sam Wang
These are just a few suggestions, and there are many other great resources available. With a little research, you can find the resources that are right for you.