Backlight compensation is a feature that camera companies have been utilizing for some time now. To read more about BLC modes http://www.dahuawiki.com/Troubleshoot/What_Is_WDR_AWB_AGC_BLC_HLC
- OFF: BLC render mode is off
- BLC: backlight compensation: Default will use the whole image to balance the lighting settings, and Customized will allow you to balance the lighting settings from the target area.
- WDR: Wide Dynamic Range makes multiple scans of a scene to provide one balanced and unwashed image that is clear for the user.
- HLC:Highlight compensation is a feature that came out of necessity due to overexposure from strong light sources like headlights or spotlights.
- SSA: automatically lowers the brightness of bright area and increases the brightness of dark area according to the environmental lighting.