Day 2: How to Draw Metatron’s Cube
Drawing the Flower of Life
It’s important to know that you will need a compass to draw the Flower of Life. I’ve attempted drawing a rough sketch of it before without a compass and it was an extremely difficult task. The following steps will help you to draw the circles of the seed of life and the Flower of Life, and then we will show you how to continue on and form the Fruit of Life and Metatron’s Cube.
Draw 2 Circles
Begin by drawing a circle with your compass. Now take the metal tip of the compass and place it anywhere along the circle you just made. Now draw another circle. You should have the exact image you see above.
Add 2 Circles
Next, locate the two points where the circles intersect, here shown by the green arrows. Place the metal tip of the compass on these intersections, and draw two more circles, giving you a total of 4 circles.
Move Down + Add 2 Circles
For the next step, simply repeat the process from before; locate the two new intersections and draw circles from those points. Again, look at the green arrows. You now have 6 circles.
Add 1 More Circle
The two circles drawn in the previous step should intersect at a single point with the original circle. Put your metal tip on that point and draw the sixth circle. Congratulations! These 7 circles comprise what is known as the Seed of Life.
KEEP ADDING CIRCLES!!!
Now, don’t be intimated. Once you have the Seed of Life, it’s just a matter of adding “rows” of circles outwards until you have 24 circles on the perimeter of the pattern.
Outline the Fruit of Life
Now, you’re going to want to darken the lines of these 13 circles that will give you the Fruit of Life.
Connect the Vertices of the 13 Circles with Lines
From here on, it’s all about interpretation. Metatron’s Cube is constructed by connected the center of each circle (a.k.a. the vertices) to each other with lines. It sounds tricky, I know, but it’s quite simple. Just find out where you want to start and start connecting. Below are some examples of how we started our cubes.
And there you have it! Check our next post to see our finished products.
Daniel D’artiste // 8-17-14
- chamberlinyes reblogged this from mysteryschooldiary
- caliwithsummer liked this
- eccentricelegance liked this
- boyleo15 liked this
- unconventional-hailla reblogged this from mysteryschooldiary
- unconventional-hailla liked this
- jasxmonae liked this
- pyrrhist liked this
- attentif liked this
- kiwiqueen0 liked this
- koolsheep liked this
- rockys-world liked this
- highviibes liked this
- hello-je-t-aime liked this
- pastelkami liked this
- inn-diee liked this
- annadeguzman liked this
- heiuniverse reblogged this from mysteryschooldiary
- heiuniverse liked this
- alterity2 liked this
- cellardoor69 reblogged this from mysteryschooldiary
- cellardoor69 liked this
- cyb3rbitch liked this
- indigo-dreamerr reblogged this from mysteryschooldiary
- tyrinasoarus reblogged this from mysteryschooldiary
- champagnemamiiiiiiiiiiiii liked this
- bearkills liked this
- nocturnalboxofmind liked this
- im1on2tumblr3 reblogged this from mysteryschooldiary
- im1on2tumblr3 liked this
- willowlover liked this
- nrtst liked this
- xwel reblogged this from mysteryschooldiary
- xwel liked this
- planetmilf reblogged this from mysteryschooldiary
- planetmilf liked this
- nonbinary-black-king reblogged this from mysteryschooldiary
- slayfinha reblogged this from thebirthofthedream
- youdonthavetheanswersshay liked this
- lxsthippy liked this
- lxsthippy reblogged this from mysteryschooldiary
- lloydtheabstrac liked this
- sewer-alligator liked this
- kekizzzle liked this
- vaalredwind liked this
- restrainful reblogged this from mysteryschooldiary
- restrainful liked this
- e-lu-sive liked this
- mysteryschooldiary posted this
Mystery School by MSFTSrep