The steps to convert database from OpenEdge 10.x to OpenEdge 11.x using an OpenEdge 10.x offline PROBKUP are outlined below:
Either run the PROENV script from
PATH=$DLC/bin:$PATH; export PATH
Then cd to the directory where the database “dbname.db” file exists.
The following Steps need to be undertaken using OpenEdge 10.x executables:
1. Ensure that the database is shutdown and no batch or cron jobs are running against it.
2. If the database is enabled for After-Imaging (AI) or OpenEdge Replication, these first need to disabled.
$ echo y | proutil source -C disablesitereplication source
Disable AI, which will also disable After-image Extent Management if enabled:
$ rfutil source -C aimage end
3. Truncate bi:
$ proutil db -C truncate bi -G 0
4. Take an offline backup the database for restoring to the OpenEdge 11 environment for conversion:
$ probkup dbname /
5. Transfer the backup volume(s) to the where OpenEdge 11.x is installed.
6. Restore the database using the OpenEdge 10.x executables provided with the OpenEdge 11.x installation:
6a. Set the PROCONV environment variable to point to the OpenEdge 10.x convmap.cp:
[UNIX] PROCONV=$DLC/bin/102dbutils/convmap.cp; export PROCONV
[WINDOWS] set PROCONV=%DLC%/bin/102dbutils/convmap.cp
6b. Restore the backup volume(s).
Note the 102dbutils/_dbutil executable may be renamed in different OpenEdge 11.x releases, please first check this against the current OpenEdge 11.x install.
[UNIX] $DLC/bin/102dbutils/102_dbutil prorest dbname /
The database has been converted to an OpenEdge 11 database and started with OpenEdge 11 executables.
After-Imaging, AI Management and/or Replication can be enabled as required.